Leaky toilets, showers and sinks often leave this brownish-red stains on your bathroom tiles, making it look ugly and dirty. Rust also causes holes in the tile, chip away at the grouts and thus weaken it. Spot removal of rust stain is therefore necessary to avoid spreading of the damage and making it necessary to replace the flooring altogether. It is important to remove the rust stain as soon as they are detected.
Here are a few options for rust removal from the bathroom tiles.
- A tile cleaner
- Soft brush for scrubbing
- Purchase a tile cleaner suitable for the material of your tile flooring
- Pour a drop of the cleaner on the spot.
- Wait for 5-7 minutes for the stain to soak in the cleaner.
- Scrub gently with a soft brush. You can use a toothbrush for places you cannot reach easily.
- Clean with a towel to see if the stain is removed
If not, repeat the procedure a couple of times until the stain is removed completely. Rinse with water and let it dry.
If you do not want to use a commercial cleaner, you can use kerosene for rust stain removal.
- Protective gloves for your hand
- Kerosene Rags
- Soft cloth
- Towels for drying
- Wear the protective gloves to avoid touching kerosene.
- Ventilate the bathroom by opening windows and doors.
- Moist the cloth with kerosene.
- Rub on the rust stain with the kerosene rag
- Wash the area with warm water.
- Dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat the procedure until the stain is removed completely.
If you are willing to go green while cleaning rust stains off your bathroom floor, you can try this.
- Lemon juice
- Soft scrubbing brush
- Mix equal quantity of lemon juice and borax to make a paste.
- Apply this paste with a sponge on the spot of stain
- Let it dry
- Rinse off with water
- Dry with a towel.
- Repeat the process until the stain is removed completely.
For tougher stains you might require the help of a professional house cleaner. All Buzz Cleaning is a reputed domestic cleaners in Perth. We offer the best cleaning domestic cleaning services at very reasonable rates. So if you are on a lookout for house cleaners in Perth, do give us a call.