Those reddish stains in your tub can be very unsightly and an eye sore in your bathroom.
The contact of any metal on the wet surface of your tub can leave behind a rusted stain, be it from the faucets or from that can of shaving foam you left behind unmindfully. It can be removed easily if detected early but if a rust stain is allowed for a longer period of time, it is likely to be tough to remove.
Here are few tips to remove rust stains from your bath tub.
Pumice Stone Method
Yes, you can use a pumice stone to remove rust stains. Though you might have one to remove dead skins from your feet, it is suggested you store another as your stain remover. Do not go for those cheap fake ones. Invest in a proper volcanic rock piece; they are not too expensive either.
- Simply wet the stone and start rubbing gently on the stain.
- You will a find a paste formation, as you scrub.
- Spread this paste on the stain, as you keep on scrubbing. Moisten the area frequently to enable the paste formation.
- Rinse with water.
- If you find any residual stain, sprinkle some baking soda on the area and brush with a tooth brush.
- This should be enough to remove the rust stains from your bath tub.
Baking Soda, Hydrogen Peroxide Method
- This is another trick up my sleeve, if the above fail by any chance.
- Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide in the ratio 2:1 in a paste.
- Clean the tub thoroughly with a commercial cleaner and sponge and remove stains as much as possible.
- Spread the paste on the tub with the sponge, specially on the area that is heavily stained.
- Let the paste sit on the stains for half an hour.
- Scrub away a small area from the stain.
- If the stain is not removed, keep on the stain for another 15 minutes.
- Scrub with a sponge scrubber.
- Turn on the faucet to wash away the paste and stains off your tub.
All Buzz Cleaners provide all cleaning solutions for you in Perth. We have a team of trained professional cleaners to attend to you domestic cleaning needs, armed with efficient cleaning materials and equipment. Feel free to call us, for any kind of domestic cleaning services in Perth.